5 Obvious Symptoms of Miscarriage and Few Healthy Tips to Avoid it!
Having kids mean you are living a 24/7 devoted and purposeful life. Life does not expect you to serve yourself throughout this span but actually it is meant to live for someone, to up bring and nurture some other being in a very productive manner. Such purposeful existence leads to a happy and contended human accompanied with joys and cheers if raised with care.
Kids are the source of upgraded love, care and intimacy among spouses. Their arrival compels a couple to mark a full stop to their search for a valid purpose of living and give them a definite exposure towards several parenting tips and ideas along with awareness towards multiple unknown aspects of life. The feeling of love in you never get destroyed. Rather, it gets transferred from your parents to your spouse and then towards your kids and your world starts to revolve around them.
In our Pakistani society, a married woman is expected to give good news right after her wedding. LOL. Jokes apart, literally people wish to hear about conceiving news of a newlywed girl as soon as possible. Being delayed is not at all an acceptable phenomenon in some typical families but this mentality is less seen in Educated, modern and sophisticated families though not completely eliminated there too.
Being chased by a bad luck, a woman also suffers the misery of a miscarriage which shatters all her dreams regarding her upcoming life. A miscarriage is an occurrence in which a woman losses her fetus during early pregnancy. It is also referred as spontaneous abortion. 10 to 25 percent of all medically proven pregnancies end in miscarriage (AMERICAN PREGNANCY ASSOCIATION (APA).
All couples need to remain stable, firm and have faith in God and confront such situation with great strength and compatibility. There are a lot of cases in which couples are married for years and go through sequence of miscarriages, are highly criticized by people around but never lose hope. Our typical minded people nominate such women as an extremely poor, pathetic and unblessed creature that her mental and physical state is simply ignored. She, unquestionably becomes the victim of all the tortures of in laws and rest of the people around.
The woman who suffers from various episodes of miscarriages becomes a centre of attention in any gathering. All guests get ready to console her by giving their unrequired and free suggestion which instead of calming and supporting, leave her in deep trauma. I still remember that depressed situation of my very own friend when she lost her baby in first trimester and this was her third sequential miscarriage which pushed her in ultimate gloom. In fact her in laws supported her morally but she faced severe critical support from rest (What she should simply put shit on). She ultimately survived that heartbroken situation by a consistent treatment of a psychologist and after one year she expected again. Now in this April she’s going to celebrate first birthday of her baby boy but still shares her previous hopelessness and grievousness that has not escaped her mind yet and which was highly encouraged by miserable comments of selfish people.
Ingrid Rodi, M.D., of The Fertility Center in Santa Monica, California, recommends a pregnant woman to be learned about the risk factors and symptoms of miscarriage so that she can recognize if there is any danger.
Complex maternal age, diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, smoking and drinking habits are prominent risk factors that may lead you towards a bigger loss.
Here I have got the chance to discuss with you about symptoms of miscarriages and want to put some effort in guiding you about possible healthy ways to avoid them.
- Usually, bleeding is the basic symptom of miscarriage. It can initiate from a light spotting to severe bleeding accompanied by some blood clots but on the other hand it is not the definite sign of a fetus loss. According to Dr. Rodi, approximately 30% of women can go through bleeding but it does not mean that they all are miscarrying. However, immediately consult your doctor as you pursue first sign of bleeding.
- If you experience pains in abdomen, pelvic area and lower back along with bleeding, it means your physical state is leading you towards a miscarriage. The pains could be mild to severe just like period cramps. Despite that, pains are a usual happening in pregnancy because your body is expanding because of the growing uterus. In this case, contacting your gynecologist is a must so she can analyze whether these pains are risky or not.
- Mostly, miscarriages take place during first trimester that are followed by prime symptoms such as bleeding and pains but as the pregnancy precedes variations also occur in signs of miscarriages. A pregnant woman needs to be very careful regarding movements of the fetus. Any sort of inactivity of baby should never be ignored by a mother and recommendations must be sought from doctor on emergency basis.
- Pregnancy-related symptoms such as nausea, vomiting or breast tenderness start to decrease if a woman is heading towards a miscarriage. However, these symptoms are not very common but still undeniable in determining a miscarriage. On contrary, these related symptoms again get reduced as pregnancy advances healthily. So referring your gynecologist is mandatory
- A fluid discharge from vagina also marks the symptom of miscarriage.
Most of the times, natural and unavoidable causes lead to a loss of fetus such as genetic abnormalities and it is also rarely seen that a miscarriage was prevented after appearance of its signs. “In most cases, there’s nothing you can do to cause a miscarriage, and nothing you can do to prevent it,” stated by Siobhan Dolan, M.D., a medical advisor to the March of Dimes and an attending physician in the Division of Reproductive Genetics at Montefiore Medical Center, the University Hospital for Einstein, in New York City. However, if you are planning a baby and adopt a healthy lifestyle regarding diet and workouts for the sake of your healthy pregnancy, then you will undoubtedly flourish and bloom throughout your all trimesters.
Here I am going to recommend you some tips which you can adopt to experience an effortless and uncomplicated pregnancy thus avoiding a miscarriage and can finally receive blessing of a healthy baby.
- Plan to conduct a healthy pregnancy before conceiving. In case you are carrying any sexually transmitted disease such as syphilis, gonorrhea and herpes, your chances to face a miscarriage increase. So better take precautionary steps by consulting a doctor and following all prescribed tests and medications to get a timely treatment before conception.
- Before planning a baby, go for a blood test which will advise you to get some of your vaccinations which you have not received in your childhood and due to lack of which you are not immune to chicken pox and rubella. As you will get pregnant, there will no more chance to have shots at that time. However, skipping them does not indicate increased chances of a miscarriage.
- In order to avoid a miscarriage, intake of folic acid is vitally important even several months before you plan a baby. Folic acid acts as a barrier against miscarriages and birth defects in newborns. 600 mg of folic acid must be consumed daily to achieve the goal.
- Besides taking prenatal vitamins, also focus on fresh fruits and vegetables and make sure you are on healthy and nutritious diet.
- You need to remain quite active during your pregnancy. But you will give a welcoming note to your miscarriage by doing more than seven hours of strenuous exercise a week. To be on the safe side, do exercise but to a limited extent.
- Reduce your caffeine intake in pregnancy to avoid miscarriages.
- You can easily reduce your chances of miscarriage up to 60% by remaining cheerful, delighted and relaxed throughout your pregnancy. Follow breathing practices and do meditation to ease your mind.
- If you are already overweight and become more obese during pregnancy, then you are facing a severe threat of losing your baby. Strive your best to lose some weight before pregnancy and try to remain super active throughout this phase.
- Say firm NO to smoking and alcohol while you are expecting. Besides a miscarriage, smoking can cause a preterm labor or still birth. Whereas alcohol may affect the mental development of your baby.
- Consuming any sort of illegal drug may cause severe harm to fetus thus resulting in an immediate miscarriage. Always take medications prescribed by your gynecologist although try to avoid taking medicines during pregnancy if possible “That’s the safest way to go,” Dr. Nichelson stated.
- X-ray can also be a cause of miscarriage as it directly affects the fetus negatively. Also avoid confrontation to any sort of radiation like that of microwave rays and other poisons such as lead, ethylene oxide as well.
- A diabetic pregnant woman must have her sugar level checked on regular basis. A miscarriage followed by fetal deformation results due to high sugar level.
God knows best and He loves His creatures unconditionally. Many researchers think of miscarriages as nature’s way to end an imperfect embryo from development. But we are rather impatient and unthankful beings. ALLAH tests us through several ways. So we must try to be consistent and should always seek His forgiveness from any unbearable happening in life!!!