5 tips for busy moms to deal super-annoying kids without yelling!!
Fed up with the Frustrating toddler?
Tired with his activities of opening the closet and making cupboards all empty? His unchanging behavior of coming to the kitchen and holding sharp knives out from drawers, opening cabinets and taking all the cutlery out? His attitude of stepping into the commode toilet and cleaning things out there is a headache of everyday for you?
Dont be panic. Smile here for a while. Your child is normal and active. He is naughty but super alert, responsive and adaptable to new things. He wants to discover things around him. Thank God for his blessings on you. You are blessed to have a baby like that. You just need to be patient and a calm parent who enjoys being with her kids ! Parenting is more like fun if we understand its real meaning..
You need to make your child understand what to touch and what not to but more in a joyous manner. As in like, knives and cutlery is dangerous for his life. Toilet cleaning is bad for his health too. Moving to narrow spaces can harm any of his body part. So you have to make him aware of these dangers by making some stories that can grab his focus to something constructive.
So how to handle him without increasing your volume or changing your tone?
Yelling is not a solution. Solution is to make him aware of your gestures.
5 simple steps to tackle a naughty toddler.
1. Go on repeating the same gesture of “NO” for not touching unhealthy and dangerous stuff. Kids have a very strong picking power and he would understand this gesture very easily and very soon you will see him saying this word himself. Give him expressions from your eyes too. Eye interaction plays a vital role.
2. Rather than stopping him from playing with your cell phone, switch his focus. Don’t take the thing abruptly from his hand. Move your hand slowly towards him, look into his eyes and smile. Ask for the thing. You will see that he himself will handle it to you very easily. Give him some more attractive thing instead. Something colorful and dazzling toy that you think can attract him.
3. Try to understand what he is conveying to you. If you wont pay attention to his little sayings, he would not share big stuff when he will be big. So develop communication with him. Talk to him as much as you can. This is how he would be talkative and will have the ability to speak without complexes.
4. Make him find a FRIEND in you. If any mistake has been done, hug him after putting a gesture of angriness. Making mistakes is part of life and a really big part of growing up.
5. PLAY with him. It is very constructive for his mind. He will be engaged with you and will not find time to destroy things around. But yes its easy to say but practically its very difficult to get engaged with child all the time because household work is to be done as well. Here comes the Timing factor. Develop the ability to schedule your tasks. Things will go flawlessly by the grace of Almighty God.
Provide your kids with variety of options to play and involve in some physical activities..
Prepare different meal everyday so his taste buds are used to of new items to eat and taste. Engage him in enjoying food with you. I am sure he will love to put bites in your mouth when he will see you making him eat.
He would love you even more when you are humble towards him. Hug him all the time. Cuddle with him. Kiss him and make him a pleasant child.
If this article has helped you in any way, leave a comment or click “like” 😊