List of Science-based foods that directly influence Children behavior!
Are you sure you are making right food choices for your kids??
You doubt your parenting skills? Maybe for your own ease you go on selecting instant food options as you have to leave for work and adopting less time-consuming foods is what you can afford?
I wonder how mothers can give maggi noodles and frozen preserved stuff to their little ones without thinking of the fact that how could this affect child’s brain development and can raise several behavioral issues.
Children are the precious asset of a society. As cells are the building blocks of body and well-being of a physique depends upon the health of those cells, likewise children act as basic units of a nation. The future of a community lies in the hands of these little creatures. The way they are brought up, the environment they are given, the sort of education they are equipped with and with the type of nourishment they are furnished throughout their existence, all aspects form the foundation of the level of their productiveness towards society. The physical as well as mental fitness of young ones gives an indispensable contribution towards advancement of a state.
Parents are the beings on whom these little souls are entirely dependent. Guardians must themselves be healthy in all manners so that they can nurture dynamic kids. They must be literate and adaptable enough to mould their lifestyles so that the betterment of their child gets encouraged. Parents need to learn this at any cost! I see a lot of moms compalining about their children stubborn and disrespectful nature, they really need to learn how food is directly linked to their children behaviour.
Physical and psychological compatibility among spouses result in a friendly, harmonious and peaceful climate that proves as the basic strategy to generate creative individuals. And this compatibility comes with healthy food.
The behavior development of a child is directly proportional to parenting style. Psychological disorders among young ones as a consequence of emotional mismanagement between parents is another aspect but here we are going to consider cognitive issues of kids as a result of foods provided by their parents.
In a Pakistani society, nowadays we observe that life has become extremely engaged and strenuous. Moms, besides doing household chores have involved themselves in some earning ways. They don’t want and don’t like to remain in kitchen for longer periods of time even if it is for the welfare of their child. They feel it conventional to give hand cooked food and prefer processed items available in market. Hoteling is considered a status symbol and restaurants are assumed as healthy alternatives. The commodities available in super stores have made mommies quite lazy even if they are not acting as the earning hands.
The major reason behind this is unawareness. Parents are not learned about harmful ingredients present in these inorganic products. These items are the bigger hands in creating clinical as well as behavioral disorders among little ones. As sound food leads to sound behavior so it is being observed that children who consume healthy food are capable enough to handle their anxiety and control their emotions in a skilled way. Here I will inform you about some foods that are instrumental in triggering a child’s behavior in negative and positive tones.
What to add to your child’s diet:
Science-based foods that have quite a good impact on your child’s health, Have a look:
- Magnesium stimulates electrical activity of brain and motivates our central nervous system to remain peaceful. It allows a child to concentrate more smartly and helps to extend his attention span. Prime concern must be given to spinach, yogurt, banana, black beans and dark chocolate in order to consume magnesium.
- Zinc has a positive impact on social behavior of a child. It helps to metabolize DHA fat in brain and facilitates neurotransmitter activity. Melatonin, which is the major cause of sleep variations and mood swings, also gets controlled by zinc. Required zinc levels can be maintained by intake of two to three servings of zinc food on daily basis. Chicken, spinach, mushrooms, yogurt and cashews are rich sources of related mineral.
- Omega3s profoundly participates in brain development among kids. It provides essential DHA, which triggers a child to cope with his stress and anxiety. It is very influential in enhancing learning abilities of children and regular ingestion of omega3s revitalizes their reading and spelling skill. It is abundantly available in spinach, roasted soybeans, oysters, walnuts and cold pressed flaxseed oil.
- Vitamin D improves attention level and potentiate brain functioning. Happy and healthy moods along with normal and regular sleep are found in kids obtaining needed vitamin D in their regular routine. Sunlight is a rich and cheap source of vitamin D. On the other hand; egg yolk, beef liver, cheese and fatty fish are foods that are found lavish in vitamin D.
- Vitamin B deficient children face several behavioral problems. They confront learning issues and lag behind in their educational field. Vitamin B boosts energy level. It also produces serotonin, a neurotransmitter which harmonizes moods and behaviors. Poultry, fish, papayas, oranges and cantaloupe are quality suppliers of vitamin B.
- Iron plays an eminent role in enhancing concentration and attentiveness of a child especially among kids below two years of age. During initial years of a child’s growth, he experiences speedy adjustments in his brain which directly affects his moods. Regular consumption of iron results in better behaviors and positive psychological development. Spinach, all types of grains, pasta, lentils and poultry are fortified with iron.
- Protein acts as a stimulus for decreasing behavioral problems in children. It reduces agitation and initiates communal relationships. Protein helps a child to stay friendly and calm and prompts him to remain active in various activities. Proteins can be consumed from meals that comprise sea foods, eggs, beans, white meat and many more.
What to Omit from your child’s diet:
- Artificial food dyes are the leading cause of inferior habits and practices prevailing in young ones. They are widespread in wide variety of products that include stored fruits and vegetables, fruit sauces, gelatin powders, cake mixes and even in cough syrups. These synthetic dyes lead to attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Kids suffering from ADHD lose control over their impulses. They feel disturbed and are not able to coordinate their routine task. So always remain alert by putting any colored edible in your child’s hand.
- Preservatives also act as villain in a child’s mental health. Combination of artificial colors and preservatives lead to hyperactivity risks. Carbonated drinks and salad dressings are enriched with sodium benzoate. Other preservatives include sodium nitrate etc and these are mostly available in processed items. They smooth ways for anxiety and children who consume such processed foods are not expected to concentrate and confront weakness in paying attention.
- Salicylate, a natural ingredient is abundantly available in red apples, almonds, grapes and tomatoes. Kids who are sensitive to salicylates, when take red apples and tomatoes in their diet, endure hopelessness and fail to remember about routine activities.
- Soy is assumed as a nourished food but it is associated with various health afflictions. The reason behind this fact is high level of manganese present in it. When manganese enters in our body in high amounts, it starts behaving as an influential neurotoxin rather than servicing the body with its nourishment. It is found commonly in all types of processed foods including infant formula and tinned vegetables. It impacts highly on the learning abilities of young ones. ADHD and other mental health disorders are also related with excessive consumption of manganese.
- Aspartame leads to high levels of emotional, behavioral and other developmental disorders. It galvanizes serotonin levels which in turn makes a child depressed, frustrated and irritated. Diet sodas, chewing gums, cooking sauces, flavored water and crisps are abundant in aspartame.
- MSG(monosodium glutamate) has cumulative effect on a child’s brain development. It over activates nerve fibers and causes them to be inflamed. MSG has acute impacts on temperaments and attitudes of a child. Fast food which has become highly appealing to new generation is quite enriched with it. MSG is also available in processed foods such as salad dressings, soup mixes and frozen products.
- Simple sugars and artificial sweeteners are the leading source of hyperactivity in children. Young ones undergo irritability and restlessness in their behavior. They feel it difficult to stay calm and peaceful and a sense of ambiguity arises in them. They develop tendency to daydream and their chatting stamina increases. Candies, fruit juices, carbonated drinks and ice-creams are good suppliers of artificial sugars in our diet.
- Allergens are also accessible through our daily meals. If a child’s body is sensitive to allergens, then he might develop ADHD that form the basis of inattentiveness. Parents should recognize their kid’s allergy towards specific food and must remove that item from his routine meals in order to prevent him from mental diseases. Allergens include wheat, peanuts, soy, eggs, fish etc.
Our meals and diets are occupied by frozen and processed commodities that do not distribute physical ailments only but also contributes to mental sickness as well. A psychiatrist’s clinic is no more an isolated area but it has become more crowded than any other specialist’s medical center. People belonging to various age groups find it important to consult with their counselor in order to cope with their behavioral issues.
Why to bring the extreme limit at which consulting a psychologist remain the eventual remedy to our kid’s frustration. This article can help you to treat your child’s attitude problems by including some ingredients in his diet and at the same time excluding others. Our young ones are the strength of a society. Do not let them deteriorate during early years of their lives. Wholesome food is their primary need and parents should try their best not to prey their child’s psychological well-being on behalf of their laziness.