Retail prices of mandatory Vaccines in Pakistan!
On 21st of June 2016, I had to go for my baby’s vaccination of Hepatitis A 2nd dose, it was not available anywhere in Pakistan so my child’s specialist had to get it from dubai through a long Procedure..I asked 3 to 4 doctors whom I could easily approach to ask the real reason of shortage and every time the answer was “It will be available in 2017 “! So I had to take that double the price vaccine, thinking what if I wouldn’t survive the next year? Who would take the headache of completing my baby’s vaccinations? As a mother I considered it my top notch responsibility to keep on consistently checking if I’ve missed any of my baby’s due date given by doctor. I try to give my child the best ways to let him enjoy healthier lifestyle.
- When the baby is born, first vaccine that he gets is, Hepatitis B that costs Rs/-580 but doctors add their checkup charges (1500) and it would be a total of Rs 2080/- and is consists of 3 doses with months of intervals.
- Then comes DTaP+HIB, it costs Rs 3000 privately and has 4 doses starts when baby is 2 months older.
- Next is, ROTA VIRUS which comes in market with the retail price of 2900 Rs/- but again doctors would add up their fee as well! Consists of 2 doses ! Starts when the baby is 2 months of age.
- Then is, Pneumococcal which has 4 doses with certain intervals and the retail price is Rs 5500. The amount to be paid is 7000/- to your child specialist.
- Measles/MMR is next in the list, available for Rs/-700, has 2 doses.
- Chicken pox has 2 doses and is available for Rs/-1800 but doctors would definitely charge more. They must would keep their profit and I am in favour that ‘They Should Keep some Percentage’! but at the same time they should also think of general public, should minimize the profit or reduce it to the maximum they can.
- Hepatitis A is for Rs 1400 in market but doctors charge it for 2900/- Consists of 2 doses.
- Meningococal is for 4100 Rs/- but we wouldn’t get it in this price! The price would be more obviously.
- Typhoid is for Rs 700.. (Retail rate)!